Thursday, September 30, 2010

Happy Birthday!





It's my lovely grad assistant, Cara's, birthday tomorrow and I wanted to get her a little something. So instead, I decided to make her a little something ;) Now remember people, I am new to this whole crafting thing, but I am LOVING it! And I'm not sure that anything else matters when you get a gift from a friend other than the fact that they put time and effort into picking it out for you. I don't know about you guys, but no matter what it looks like in the end, when someone takes the intentionality to make me something from scratch, I am so overwhelmed with gratitude. Something about that gesture feels so sincere and personal. Thus, my effort to make more things for the ones I love.

So, I am hoping that Cara carries the same sentimentality that I do. For otherwise, she will see a necklace with several flaws, when I'm hoping she sees a necklace with lots of character and built with lots of love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment